HELP! Cannot load PBEM game

GIJim

I am currently in a PBEM game (v1.05) with an opponent I have played before (and trust he is not messing with the file just so he won't lose the game) and I am not able to load the file he sends back to me for the turn 21 (out of 30) movie. We have tried recompiling the turn, zipping the turn, replotting from previous turns.... nothing seems to work.

When I select the turn at the "load e-mail game" dialog it simply churns for a second - then nothing. I don't even get to the password screen. I can play any other player/game without any problem. I can play any pervious turn, I just cannot load the latest turn.

I would greatly appreciate any advice that could be given

Charles, thank you for your reply!!!

As I stated in the origional post we have already tried zipping the file, replaying from previous turns, etc. The file will not load when it comes to turn 21 out of 30.

I would be glad to send the file to you for analysis if you like.

Jim

Just FYI, another factor I've run into in Mac-PC PBEM exchange is the file encoding. Some PC opponents seem to do better with receiving my files when I send them using Base64 encoding. With others, it doesn't seem to matter (this is regardless of whether I'm sending a zipped file or the plain text turn file).

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley