Nothing happens

I just installed tow tryed to start and nothing happend, so i went to the faq and added the .exe file's to the dep restarted then tryed again and nothng. I also installed the patch, still nothing. map editor and mission editor do not work. someone please help me.

Try this from Madmatt. It worked for some of us:

Here is the fix:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have discovered an issue for people that installed the game from DVD and then applied the patch.

Those people are missing a single file that will keep the patched version of Theatre of War from properly launching.

To fix this issue, simply rename the file called tow2.dll (located in the Theatre of War game directory) to elicen40.dll

That should do it!

Madmatt

[ June 26, 2007, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

I downloaded it no dvd entered the key to d/l but thats the only place i put it.

1.80 amd

1gb ram

vista 32 bit

ATI radeon

I am really disapointed about this as I bought it and it wont run, tho I have played a simmular game that the army uses. I used there comp there.

If I can not get it to work can I return?

Originally posted by xaver18:

I downloaded it no dvd entered the key to d/l but thats the only place i put it.

1.80 amd

1gb ram

vista 32 bit

ATI radeon

I am really disapointed about this as I bought it and it wont run, tho I have played a simmular game that the army uses. I used there comp there.

If I can not get it to work can I return?

Since yur on vista try allowing it to run in admin role all .exe's from the game I.E. License exe and the game exe.

FAQ's