Probelms in VISTA

Just 'upgraded' [cough, cough tongue.gif ] to Vista and have encountered my first incompatability. My problems are thus:

i. Everytime I launch TOW it asks if I'm happy with my resolution changes.

ii. In the unit deployment screen I have to click twice on the move to/from reserves buttons to actually move a unit to or from the reserves. On the first click the button moves and goes 'click' but nothing happens, and on the second click it actually moves the unit.

iii. When the mission loads the intro video doesn't play (I loaded the recommended Window Media viewer codec during instalation).

iv. After the blank intro movie all I can see is the command bar overlayed on the reinforcements deployment screen (whose buttons I can still click but do nothing). I can hear things going on in the 3D world.

v. At this point, being unable to bring up any menus I have to Alt-tab out and End Process to quit.

All worked dandly in XP, but please don't say I was asking for it moving to Vista - it is very pretty honest! :D (and for me some other things actually work that didn't work in XP!)

Any ideas, help or similar stories welcome!

System:

Vista

Core 2 Duo E6600

8800Gtx w/158.24 drivers

2GB RAM

Samsung 204BW + LG Flatron L1710B in 'single monitor performance mode'.

Audigy 7.1 SE soundcard

Originally posted by TAW_Mcvittees:

I seem to have answered my own problem - I launched the game with the 'run as administrator' option. I have no idea why this allows the game to work but it does. Hope this helps soomeone else.

I was just going to tell you to do that.LOL! :D As this information is in the FAQ.Oh and get rid of that Audigy the X-F1 Creative SB Extreme is way better and worth all the money. It allows very good sound with everything I threw at it.