The server connection was lost

Hi Guys,

Now that both my PCs are back up thanks to Moon and his elicense crew I have started to experiment in earnest with LAN games.

Just now I tweaked the settings for multiplayer to lan speeds (1000000)and smooth unit movement.

The first two games froze on me about 10minutes in at random. One side freezes (usually the host) and the other eventually times out and drops with the message "connection with server lost".

Both PCs have no problems in single player mode and also have no problems playing various other games for hours.

At the time of the second freeze the action had died down to almost nothing and in fact I do not think thier was any firing at all going on for a few minutes.

I will do some more testing and see if I can come up with something common

We are working on stability improvements with multiplayer in the first patch and those improvements will continue in subsequent patches as well.

You might notice better results by unchecking smooth unit movement though and try a slower speed (even if your on a LAN).

Madmatt

about crshes when nothing is going on on screen.

i found when i turned off EAX AND the music i got no single crash anymore. i mean i had them rarely in the first place but now they are gone.

i dunno if the MP crashes could be comming from the same problem or if there are single "and" multiplayer chrashes with different problems.

i dont talk about the time out´s here just hte technical KO´s wich can lead to time out for the other side smile.gif