Problems with the Game

Hi there,

I have just got a new laptop and put the game on it, unfortunately its loading up to a black screen and thats it

My system is

3GB RAM

AMD Turion TL60 2.0 GHZ

Twin nvidia 7950 GTX 512 MB

and 200 GB HDD

Vista Ultimate installed too

Is there anyway to make the beast run? did I install the video codex wrongly...

Please get back to me on this

Cheers

Kudos

[ May 30, 2007, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Kudos ]

in vista rightclick on you game icon and look for a setting allow admin user. in the desk top you should see a icon for towsetup same thing with that, all programs you put on Vista, you will have to allow admin to run. I have no Idea why Micr$oft did this, but its got to be done. This is one reason I havent gone to Vista I'm waiting this OS out for a while.

Where is the latest nvidia go 7950 GTX's drivers cos i cant find any, i think the ones i got are the latest, but its still not working even when i do that Wolf.... Vista is a pain in the A-Spot

Still no joy just a black screen that crashes and an error of

Product

tow.exe

Problem

Program Compatibility

Date

31/05/2007 17:20

Status

Report Sent

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PCA2

Problem Signature 01: tow.exe

Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: tow.exe

Problem Signature 04: unknown

Problem Signature 05: unknown

Problem Signature 06: 200

Problem Signature 07: -1

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 31765446

I think you might be the same guy I am working on in email, but you asked where to find the Nvidia drivers, you can do so here:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Also, with that Nvidia card, be sure and do the following as detailed in my troubleshooting guide (located here: http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/troubleshooting.html)

#1.

Obviously the first thing to do is make sure you have the very latest video, sound and DirectX software installed on your computer. Here are links for some of these files.

For Nvidia Video Cards, go here for the latest drivers

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

For ATI Video Cards, go here for the latest drivers

http://ati.amd.com/

For the latest version of Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (April 2007 update), go here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

#2.

For those with newer Nvidia cards (and possibly older ones as well), some people have had success by selecting "Extension Limit" to OFF in their Nvidia control panel. This option only seems to appear in the newest Nvidia drivers and for certain video cards.

#3.

In addition to the Extension Limit setting, some people have reported performance increases can also occur by setting the "Threaded optimization" to OFF and Triple Buffering to ON for Nvidia cards. Your results may vary.

#4.

Make sure your video card is power enough to run the game. In recent days the developer 1C has provided new information on what video cards and chipset's WILL and WILL NOT work with Theatre of War.

If you have the following video chipset/card, the game will NOT WORK.

Mobile IntelĀ® 900, 915, 925, 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family

Nvidia GF440MX and earlier

Nvidia GeForce 5600 and earlier

ATI Radeon 9550 and earlier

#5.

If your video card does not fall into the list above, but the game still isn't launching make sure you video chipset/card fully supports Shaders v2. That is also a requirement to run the game. Check with your video chip/card documentation to find out that info.

#6.

For those people with Vista, be sure and Right-Click on the desktop shortcut your using to launch the game and select the "Run as Administrator..." option.

#7.

There may be a conflict with the codec needed to run the intro movie. You can either reinstall the codec itself (the file is called "wmv9VCMsetup.exe" and is located in the "codec" folder of your game), or you can simply rename the file title.avi (also located in your game folder) to something else (for example title.bak). That will cause the game to skip trying to play the movie.

#8.

Some people have been able to get their game to launch by adjusting their Antistrophic Filtering and Anti-Aliasing settings in their video card control panel to "Application Preference", please consult your video cards docs to learn how to do that.

#9.

If you have a dual display currently configured on your computer, disable the secondary monitor and see if that allows the game to launch.

Madmatt

Yeah I am Madmatt, I found those options eventually, believe me, Vista made it hard, It was those three options u have to disable or enable on Nvidia, and now it works, thanks for your patience and time

Thanks Madmatt

Kudos

[ May 31, 2007, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Kudos ]