Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Voodoo 5500 problems

GATT

I understand that many Voodoo owners are having graphic probs. With my 3Dfx Voodoo 5500 I get missing tiles and text, so the game is unplayable. I tried a GeForce 2 and all run very well. Does any other V5500 owners have same problem?

Regards

System: Win98SE, PIII-600E, 128MB RAM, DX7.0a, Voodoo 5500 with last drivers, SB-Live with LiveWare 3.0.

[This message has been edited by GATT (edited 08-28-2000).]

There is another post on the previous tech support page regarding this. I posted a few quick pointers, as did a few others, and might be worth a look. Are you running any Win98 themes and funky mouse pointers (including animated) for instance?

I'm finding the game VERY playable on my Voodoo 5, and 4xFSAA is well worth perservering for. I have just turned the resolution down slightly to 1152x864 to speed things up a little, as I have loaded a number of the graphics packs that are available.

I do have the problem with minimizing, but then all I do is 'don't minimize'. smile.gif

I have to play it on 4x FSAA. I tried dropping it to single chip and it looked so bad I couldn't stand it! :)

I'd love to be able to minimize the game, because then I could tab out of the game to check to see if my PBEM turn came in or to see if the ICQ message I got was worth responding too.

But it doesn't work! Argh!