intel dual core ati x1600 question

Hello everyone,

I purchased ToW per pre order and got it the day it was released.

I have the same problems as many of you here,Though many seem to run it great.

I got it loaded as Admin,all glitz set to low,running on 1 core..... When I try to run the program it goes to black screen then crashes back to desk top and changes my resolution.

My first ? is will my ATIX1600 run ToW?

My second is,If it's supposed to be able to run it, what am I missing? :confused:

my specs are as follows....

intel core 2 cpu t7600 @ 2.33 mhz

2 gigs of ram

microsoft vista 32bit home premium edition

It has no other problems running any other programs or applications.

I was wondering if this problem is being adressed for the intel chipset as well as AMD?

It would be a shame if I can't run this program because it looks like it kicks major butt when it works.

any help would be appreciated.

try just setting up the run set up first then start the game.

Dont make any changes inside the game itself I seem to have problems when I do that in the game.

Turn off shadows and water every thing else should be at medium. try running it with one cpu checked if that did'nt work try it with it unchecked.

by the way which drivers you got for that ATI I had no problems with the 7.4 catylist.

Thanks Wolfseven for the reply.I've tried everything that you mentioned but still no joy!

I have everything upto date,Drivers etc.

I just hope that The ToW staff is trying to rectify the problem which I'm sure they are.

It seems they're having problems with the newer chipsets.

I wish them luck as they seem to have alot of people on the chip right now.

Originally posted by Dasher:

Thanks Wolfseven for the reply.I've tried everything that you mentioned but still no joy!

I have everything up to date,Drivers etc.

I just hope that The ToW staff is trying to rectify the problem which I'm sure they are.

It seems they're having problems with the newer chip-sets.

I wish them luck as they seem to have allot of people on the chip right now.

oh your running vista did you turn on the run as admin from r-click on the program icon go into the exe and run as admin also heard you need to do that with the license too.

Sorry Matt for taking so long to answer you guys. I'm a truck driver and been on the road.

I have tried both your suggestions on the swap file as well as the other ones in your tweak guide. Let me know if there are anymore tweaks or fixes that i can try.thanks for trying guys i appreciate it.

ok guys i think i found my problem.

"Mobile IntelĀ® 900, 915, 925, 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family will not work"

are we planning on getting a work for this or am i up the crapper with this 1?

interesting point of all this i found out was that my old pentium 4 with an ATI9600 128mb graphics card with the windows service pack 1, Will run ToW just fine no glitches, no bubbles,no troubles............Go figure!