Trenches and ground textures

Well it definitely looks like enlarged anti-aliasing of the ground texture, but I played it the first night I got it with my then-current ATI drivers, and a few days later installed the most-recent drivers (released 4/18/07), and it's exactly the same.

I have an ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB.

So any suggestions on how to fix it? Do I need to turn on/off AA, AF, the Catalyst AI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi

I have a XT9600 256mb same for me noticed this in the demo,posted a querry but didn't get a response

driver version is

Driver Packaging Version 8.351-070302a1-045035C-ATI

Catalyst® Version 07.3

Provider ATI Technologies Inc.

2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6677

2D Driver File Path System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{3B6C17D6-C991-4ACB-A17C-9FF4C66C5614}/0000

Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0487

OpenGL Version 6.14.10.6388

Catalyst® Control Center Version 2007.0320.2241.38712

AIW/VIVO WDM Driver Version 6.14.10.6238

AIW/VIVO WDM SP Driver Version 6.14.10.6238

Try the following: run towsetup.exe оr the game and set video settings to low. Then restart the game (if it was run). Do you see the same artifact? Pay more attention to an option "models quality": first of all set it to low and look at the results after restarting the game.

Also can you show the whole screen shot of the game when camera facing to trenches and the artifact is visible?

[ May 02, 2007, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: dmg ]

DMG,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to help. I set everything as low as it could go, and have the same effect. I didn't still have the full screen shot, so I created new ones from a different mission. So far the artifact is universally present. Here are some screens:

trenches1ek5.th.jpg

trenches2vx2.th.jpg

trenches3ie6.th.jpg

I'm going to play around in Catalyst Control Center and see if I can find anything.

Thanks for your help!

In Catalyst Control Center pay more attention to options named like 'a texture filtering quality' (or something). Also try to set priority to quality (instead of performance) and vice-versa for all the 3D options.

If you find out anything, please, let me know.

Ok, I cranked everything in Catalyst Control Center to max, and that eliminated the problem! Sheesh, sorry to have bothered you about this. Thanks for taking the time to help point me in the right direction!

I just hope it still plays smoothly with all that AA, AF, mip-mapping, etc. turned on. I don't want to have to flip every little setting to find the one that does the trick.

Thanks again! I'm really loving this game, by the way!