Check Task Manager For CPU use of game

When I open task manager with the game running, in the process tab, tow.exe is using 100%. :(

I have just played Red Orchestra on line, its using 30-40% max, :D . Could it be that this is causing game stability issues, such as low frame rates and crash to desktop, game freezes etc?

I have tried all configurations, cannot play this game longer than 20mins before framerate crawls to 5fps, or game freezing. Problem worsens when extra models appear.

Must be something in the game code causing this!

Yes... the game is CPU-intensive, not graphics intensive. I agree that TOW can take up to 100% when set to the higher graphics settings (cause more graphics are done on the CPU).

We are investigating the issue now, need more information. What is the mission where you have 15-20 fps and 5 in the end, and what are your precise graphics settings (I know that you've posted them a few times already on the forum, but still... maybe you tweaked them a bit since, must be sure)

Please email me your reply.

SIO

SIO, I have tried all settings within game and adjusted my graphics card settings using omega drivers and the ati 3d control panel.

Steel Torrent is the battle where i experience the problems, had same problems with the demo training scenarios.

I get frame rates of 17-20 at start of mission dropping to 4-7 which makes it unplayable.

I have played some of the campaign, experienced same issues with frame rates and game freezing, having to reset my pc and reboot.

I use ati tray tools to measure frame rate, ensuring that settings in ati tray tools are same as ati 3d control panel, even screen resolutions in game and desktop are always set the same.

Amd Athlon 3000+ 2.0Ghz

Asus K8VSEDX mobo

HIS Radeon x1950 pro 512mb, using omega drivers.(upgrade from HIS Radeon x1650 pro 512mb)Replaced on 25/4/07, giving same problems.

2.5 Ghz ram

Windows xp (sp2)

Going to try different battle, will post back.