graphics customization

How graphics customization influences the game performance

We have made an effort to sum up all recommendations on graphics settings to provide the best possible performance.

Use Only One CPU Option

This feature has been introduced especially for AMD Athlon 64 users, who may face losses in processor efficiency (although it happens not on all machines). The optimization for AMD CPUs is available, therefore we recommend to use the following utilities:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe

Object Detail Option

According to the pre-set, all other options in the Graphics Options section are configured in a certain manner. There is also a Custom section for user preferences.

Resolution Option

If GF6600\Radeon 9800 graphics accelerator cards (or weaker) are used, resolution may influence the performance heavily. The effect of higher resolution is reduced on GF7900\Radeon X1900 video card generation. It is valid for recommended

1024x768, 1280x1024 display resolutions.

Shadows Option

Shadows influence the overall performance greatly. It is strongly recommended to turn off shadows if you are using a video card weaker than GF6600\Radeon 9800, OR want to run an MP server.

Model Quality Option

Model Quality has an insignificant effect on the overall performance in case there are many units and building on the screen (fortifications, houses, fences etc.). The changes in performance are minor in comparison with other options.

(particularly shadows). We recommend to use Low Quality option only on weak PC configurations, because the outward appearance of game models becomes much worse.

Water Detail Option

Water Detail Option adversely affects the performance on weak machines, especially if there are many small rivers on the map.

We recommend that you turn this option off if you are using a video card weaker than GF6600\Radeon 9800.

Grass Detail Option

If the game camera is positioned relatively low, this option has an increasingly large impact on FPS rates.

We recommend that you turn this option off if you are using a video card weaker than GF6600\Radeon 9800.

Trees Detail Option

See the previous item. We recommend that you set this option to low if you are using a video card weaker than GF6600\Radeon 9800.

Trees Rendering Distance Option

Minimum Rendering Distance speeds up the overall performance greatly, but the trees are rendered only at short distances. It looks not always fine, although doesn`t influence the gameplay.

Show Roads Option

Influences the performance insignificantly. It`s recommended to turn this option off if you are using a video card weaker than GF5900.

Hide Bodies Option This option leaves the corpses on the battlefield if turned off. In this case by the end of the mission FPS rate significantly decreases, as the corpses pile up.

Otherwise (if the option is turned on) the corpses disappear. By the way, corpses that disappear leave a small item pack on the ground, so the ammunition is not lost.

Always Show Combat Gear Option

The soldiers are displayed in full combat gear. The effect on the performance is considerably high, especially if there is a lot of infantry on the battlefield. We recommend that you turn this option off if you are using a video card weaker than GF6600\Radeon 9800.

Show Vehicle Motion Effects Option

Influences the performance insignificantly. It`s recommended to turn this option off if you are using a video card weaker than GF5900.

High Landscape Detail Option

If the camera is high above the battlefield, this option affects the performance in a minor way. If the camera is low, the performance impact is much bigger. It`s recommended to turn this option off if you are using a video card weaker than GF5900.

High Sky Detail Option

Practically it doesn`t have any effect on the performance.

Hardware Mouse Cursor Option

Doesn`t influence the performance, but the mouse moves very smoothly.

-------------------------------------------

Configuration variant for slow PCs (CPU slower than PI V 3 Ghz, less than 1 Gb RAM, Video Card slower than GF6600\Radeon 9800)

Object Detail Option - Low

Resolution 1024x768

Shadows Option OFF

Model Quality Option - Middle

Water Detail Option - Low

Grass Detail Option -- Low

Trees Detail Option - Low

Trees Rendering Distance Option - MIN

Show Roads Option - ON

Hide Bodies Option - OFF

Always Show Combat Gear Option - OFF

Show Vehicle Motion Effects Option -ON

High Landscape Detail Option - OFF

High Sky Detail Option - ON

Hardware Mouse Cursor Option - ON

[ April 26, 2007, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: SIO ]

hi

I read your recomendations with interest, I have a XT9600 256mb Ati Radeon, I run the game on all high options, at 1024x768 75mhz 32bit accept the Shadows Option, The game runs smoothly with no issues, I always zoom in to a 1 metre high setting with no issues, I said in many posts that I was expecting my system to run slow because of the minium spec rates, but to date I have no issues,

The levels missions load quick, the graphics are very good gr8 when zoomed in,

XP3000+ barton chip clock speed 2.36ghz

xt9600256mb graphics card

asus M/b

2gb DDr400 ram

yes you can.

Manually change the value colourBits in the file ww.ini, this line:

window=(changeScreenRes=false,colourBits=32,depthBits=24,drawIfNotFocused=true,enableClose=false,enableResize=false,fullScreen=false,height=768,stencilBits=8,width=1024,posx=200,po sy=10)

Also, you can manually change depthBits to 16.

window=(changeScreenRes=true,colourBits=32,depthBits=24,drawIfNotFocused=false,enableClose=false,enableResize=false,fullScreen=true,height=768,stencilBits=8,width=1024,posx=0,posy= 0

Just out of not knowing is the difference with mine any concern

mine fullscreen= ture yours false

mineposx=0 yours =200

mineposy=0 yours=10

infact my is different in a few values

Interest omly!!!