Trying to license and getting a error code: 501 Error, please read inside

Hello everyone. Seems that people that have purchased the game today (and last night) are encountering a problem when they try and license the game. They enter the code and get a message that the code is not valid or known and it lists a "Error Code: 501" type error.

Apparently the eLicense Database/Server which stores those codes for the license system is corrupt, and is currently being worked on/rebuilt.

Your license info is secure, so you dont have to worry about that, but since they are still working on the database you will apparently not be able to license your game until they complet this work.

Right now is almots 10pm EST and its unlikely that this work will be complete before tomorrow.

We understand and totally symphatize with your agravation and anxiety at the moment and are extemely upset ourselves by the level of service we have gotten today from the eLicense Staff.

Thats probably little consolation for you at the moment but I wanted you to know that WHEN YOU GUYS GET MAD, WE GET MAD, and we are trying to get this all resolved. Unfortunately, this issue (and a few others related that have plagued this product rollout) is out of our direct control to fix but we are trying everything in our power (and a few things that aren't) to get this all working smoothly like it should have.

We don't take the faith and trust you place in us lightly and appreicate the understanding, amazing patience and kind words you have expressed to us in email and here on the forums.

We will get this fixed, and I will make sure that something like this never happens again on my watch!

I am keeping track of everyone that has emailed us and their various issues. As we get things fixed, I will update this post and email people directly.

Madmatt

MadMatt,

The workaround posted in another post was the only method I was able to successfullyinstall the gaem with. I uninstalled and reinstalled - to include both a primary drive and one of my secondary hard drive. I uninstalled all firewall/Windows Defender SpyWare searching programs etc... I also plugged directly into my cable modem as well as leaving in the normal configuration (in the router). None of those particular options worked. I dont know enough about network code, but the only other thought I had was some sort of latency issue between eLicense and my ISP (Cox Cable). I was able to utilize the internet the whole time I was attempting to install so my internet connection was good. Just a few thoughts to help narrow it down.

- SpyNavy

This particulat issue has been fixed. If you still get a 501 error doublecheck that you are entering the code EXACTLY as you received it.

It should be 36 digits long and that includes the dashes.

All 0's are zeroes (not o's)

All 1's are ones (not i's)

Madmatt