medic functions

amingaz

hello,

this is my first posting,i am into my allied campaign and well into france.Medics are now appearing as part of the squads but i am unable to use them as such,do they heal or improve a wounded soldiers performance and how?

amingaz

Originally posted by amingaz:

is'nt that ridiculous!!!!!

Not really. The game is supposed to be a tactical simulation. Taking care of casualties on the battlefield would not affect the outcome anyways. The medic skin is a bit of eye candy that helps ppl recognize the HQ squad. He operates a weapon like anyone else.

Originally posted by gundolf:

Not really. The game is supposed to be a tactical simulation. Taking care of casualties on the battlefield would not affect the outcome anyways. The medic skin is a bit of eye candy that helps ppl recognize the HQ squad. He operates a weapon like anyone else.

Not really.

Maybe medics don't fit into this kind of game (even so I think they could in some way) but afaik they were in use during development until they decided to changed ToW from a more arcade like game into a tactical simulatin.

So it's no eye candy to recognize the HQ squad but remains from development they didn't remove (removing would've been better).

surely it could'nt have been dificult for the developers to allow the medic to function as such,i dont mean ai but to be able to click on him to assist a wounded trooper and maybe randomise the casualty back to fit or not and so forth,it becomes a realistic incentive in the game which can help in the outcome of a battle to keep him alive as well just like in real life.

Originally posted by Thork:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gundolf:

Not really.

Maybe medics don't fit into this kind of game (even so I think they could in some way) but afaik they were in use during development until they decided to changed ToW from a more arcade like game into a tactical simulatin.

So it's no eye candy to recognize the HQ squad but remains from development they didn't remove (removing would've been better). </font>