Post patch coincidence

Nikki Mond

There's something either different with the villers bocage scenario or the Tigers, or the enemy targets high now... since the patch.

I breezed through the Bocage the first time I played. I'm now playing the game over again and cant get past VB.

Guns are readily disabled on tigers its seems. And no infantry support shows up so its impossible to get close to a village without having the main gun disabled by AT and Piats.

I've played the scenario 18 times now. The Tiger's slow rate of fire allows it to get hit first. First hit disables the main gun. And the AT guns and Piats aren't in range unless you crest the field to get close. So forget range advantage.

I had the same experience on the British mission that is vaguely Villers-Bocage (Road of Death or something).

Before the patch, it was a breeze-the Tiger's guns got disabled within seconds due to my numerical superiority, then all I had to do was get 1 metre behind them and slot them. Post-patch, all I can do is scratch them while the Tigers sit there laughing and slot my Cromwells one by one. This would be a good place for a Firefly!

Actually, scratch that- I've just had the pleasure of seeing Wittman bailing out of his flaming Tiger and being cut in two by a stream of Besa rounds.

I lost one tank knocked out, about five with various bits of damage including broken guns, and about 12 dead, for the entire German tank force dead including however many Tigers!!!

wolf, start the game with a 75mm field gun and position it with a squad of infantry at the back right of the set up area and hide your AFV's and other infantry squad in the villge. Sen a couple of scouts out and ensure your field gun hits the tanks as they appear and keep manning it if you get casualties with the squad you place near it. Use your tanks to flank once the germans have been engaged. You can do the first part with no major losses, just a few infantry.

OK what did you guys do to the game. :D Part of the problem is the tigers do not fire at anti-tank guns. Here are the pics. The tigers are taking direct fire from the ATG. The tigers have "eyes on" but are not firing. I have chosen HE and APC and high to low elevations. Just wont fire. Coax will fire so why not main gun?

noshot1oc4.jpg

noshot1wd4.jpg

noshot2tc0.jpg

No wonder the battle field has 5 Red Tigers wandering around without barrels or just sitting tracked. But hey the tigers are not destroyed ;)