Mute Units!?

Pandur

hi

id REALLY like to know if there is a possiblity to REPLACE(with blanks) or DELETE the responds wich units give. i man the "achtung" wich the geman tanks give when you klick them or the "zu befehl(or similar)" when you give them a mover order for example.

i just mean this responds, nothing else.

for me it gives a somehow unseriouse/unmature touch to the game...that fits for RTS chaos games like C&C in my opinnion but not TOW.

i allways enjoyed the "battlefield" silence in CM. mute units, just vehicle sounds, gun shots and the "ambient battle sounds" wich played in the background, some birds here and there if i remember correctly. was and is exellent.

iam not into going and messing up my sound part of the game data by deleting stuff from it by myself :D

so i figured i better ask bevor if someone knows a way or if there is a "official" way or opinnion maybe...

thanks

It annoys me too, especially when they start going on about turning right when they appear to be going in a straight lines. recht, recht, gaghaghgh

It's quite an easy one to fix, there's an ini file pointing to the various sound files in the SFS files. Assuming this hasn't changed in the patch it'd be easy enough to point them at a 'silence' sound file.

Have fun

Finn

nice!

so i wold need to extract the ini from the SFS!?

is it like that, when i place the changed ini outside of the SFS file after changing it, the game reads this first and skips the one in the SFS file!?

is that right or would i have to do more!?

Yes, that's right - you'll need the extractor from Dr.Jones (assuming it works with the patched version). Put the extracted files in the correct relative location in the game folder and they take precedence over the version in the SFS file.

Have fun

Finn

Originally posted by Pandur:

hi

id REALLY like to know if there is a possiblity to REPLACE(with blanks) or DELETE the responds wich units give. i man the "achtung" wich the geman tanks give when you klick them or the "zu befehl(or similar)" when you give them a mover order for example.

i just mean this responds, nothing else.

for me it gives a somehow unseriouse/unmature touch to the game...that fits for RTS chaos games like C&C in my opinnion but not TOW.

i allways enjoyed the "battlefield" silence in CM. mute units, just vehicle sounds, gun shots and the "ambient battle sounds" wich played in the background, some birds here and there if i remember correctly. was and is exellent.

iam not into going and messing up my sound part of the game data by deleting stuff from it by myself :D

so i figured i better ask bevor if someone knows a way or if there is a "official" way or opinnion maybe...

thanks

Not sure what version of CM you played, but all three CM games had hundreds of soldiers voices that played for both vehicles and troops. I know, I recorded them all!

Madmatt

lol, sure. but i dont hear these all the time.

just when i watch a realtime phase and iam near my troops.

if you exclude the "ich will hier raus" "move it troops" and stuff there are just the "ambient sound" and the verry loude vehicle sounds, and guns ofcourse, left.

and the birds iam still not sure about :D

dunno somehow i hear them singing