MultiPlayer AAR

Slapaho

AAR: Clash of Titans - result = DRAW

After some playing with settings etc we got connected.

dragon6 German

slapaho Polish

**It takes about 5 minutes for the game to start after the bar showed fully loaded - patience!

Both sides had 2 squads of infantry and a mix of about 7 light AFV's. dragon6 started the attack but I had a unit (held fire) on a hill and saw he had split his forces. I therefore sent my main AFV's to deal with his right flank first, then swung back round to finish the threat coming from the left. At this point I had the upper hand as I had lost 1 AFV to dragon6's four (plus one crippled). However I tried to assault the trenches he held with an infantry squad supported by my lighter AFVs while my heavier ones engaged the last of dragon6's armor. We basically ground each other into the dust, me losing all my infantry and most my AFV's and dragon6 had no AFV's left (one crippled one had killed TWO of mine by taking out the drivers smile.gif )

Anyway - it was not so much about the game tactics or the outcome - the intention was to see DOES MP WORK! - the answer is YES.

I am in Europe - dragon6 is in the USA. I suffered some very minor lag at the end, no drop outs or crashes, 60 FPS throughout (I also had FRAPS running), the graphic settings etc were set medium to ensure smoother game play and it seemed to work.

So many thanks to dragon6 for his help and hopefully we can all get some MP action going regularly smile.gif

We will be playing again today - from approximately 16:00 GMT.

Anyone interested can email me. I will also have the BFC chat bar open (find a post by Moon, the downloads in his signature) which would be good if you can be on there.

For settings I *suggest* the following in the Configure Theatre of War;

SYSTEM TAB

Video mode = your choice

Shadows = Object shadows

Models Quality = Normal

Water Detail = Low

Grass Detail = Normal

Trees Detail = Medium

Trees Distance = Normal

Hide soldier dead bodies = checked

High landscape detail = un-checked

High sky detail = un-checked

The rest are your choice.

MULTIPLAYER TAB

Just set your client speed to match your internet connection speed. If your unsure what this is, try http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp and click on Measure Download Speed under the Bandwidth Tests banner and then hit test.

My speed is 6457 kilobits per second so I choose the 2000000 (LAN) setting (which is 2000 kilobits).

I will send the IP address at the time of setup and talk anyone through the connection (although it is very straight forward) if needed.

we could set up a teamspeak server where all players can join and talk and play together.its really simple.maybe battlefront could spend a server ?

i have a server running ,but i dont know what happend when 50 people join it.because of bandwith in a month.

but teamspeak for clans+multiplayer games is the best

Slapaho it`s very nice to see how much work you invest in bringing the MP part (back) to live. :)

I played the same scenario, but in my opinion it was unbalanced. Too many Polish tanks with "Tank-killing" qualities and too less german counter-parts.

But, I don`t want to put negative waves to this new thread of hope and I have to admit your words brought me back some motivation. If I wouldn`t have to use the time for the next video I WOULD be there again! :) ...Actually I`m always ready to get my b.tt...s kicked. ;)

gunship

Yes Teamspeak is very good, but multinational is sometimes tricky with the speech, but it makes things much easier than typing all the time!

I can (I have TS2 server s/ware) run a TS2 server also - but if I host game and TS it could cause problems so an independent TS server is good.

DeLaVega

You are very right - I was surprised at the imbalance. As Polish I felt it my 'duty' to defend but maybe it should be the other way - the germans maybe set up a defence and the Poles attack. I dont mind so much the imbalances (real battles were always imbalanced) but the lack pf victory cases makes it totally unfair - to kill all enemy when you have by far the better equipment - hopefully victory condition MP will be brought to us in the future :D

We are going to try the other maps I hope - I think it will be better fun on a map with equipment from a later era of the war.

Slapaho, are you guys going to have the IP on the MP beta listing for today? I also had a similar mp with the map you guys were talking about. I was the germans and my opponent and I came to a draw in the end. It was tough and very unbalanced, but gave it a go. Hope they do the improvements to mp in the next addon. Great game with alot of potential.

Mike

Slapaho, seems it didn`t work again. :-( I wanted to return and at least say "goodbye" but seems you let the server rested in peace.

Hope crazyman and nik haven`t returned either. If they did, hope you all were not too disappointed that I stayed away. Patience is a virtue. But not if the clock works against you. :) Maybe another time. (Yet I think I will dream about how the Nashorn and the Panther kept you both busy ;) )