Sometimes Units Won't Fire, why?

pad152

Sometimes Units Won't Fire, why?

I seen this twice now my tanks or AT guns, are ordered to fire, and they won't. The units are not paniced, have ammo, full crew, no fire button is not selected and they have a clear line of fire.

My units are getting hit by units from the other side of the map that I can't even see, and my units won't even fire at a tank 200ft/meters aways in plain sight. I don't get it, what's is going on?

I've seen the same thing. Apparently it's a bug where the tank is being instructed to target the track or hull, but that shot is obstructed and it doesn't default to what it can see (turret). This is supposed to be fixed in the patch.

I have to admit, I'm not sure how to specify what area on a tank to aim for. I see where the manual says it will be indicated, but I don't understand how to specify it myself.

I've also seen this in the demo battle and it's very frustrating. It seems to particularly happen from ridges for some reason.

Initially I send a couple of my beauties up on the ridge to the right of the canal to try to catch some Russian flank. My boys head up there, but even though I target the oncoming IS-2's, they just mill around up there and won't fire until they're shot

Hope it's fixed...

ianc

Gunslingr3:

Turn on the option in the game settings for the targetting indicator so you can see your running target order.

You can switch the default targetting mode by clicking the 3 tick-dots in the "attack" button when the unit is selected. Upper-med(default)-lower targetting.

It is quite frequent that only the upper or lower part of the target can be targetted.

Ianc: Chances are your tanks can't depress their gun enough to shoot the russians while they can pretty much move their cannon high enough to shoot you.

Try repositioning.

In general, when you see your tanks aren't shooting, try changing targetting modes (give it 2-3 secs to understand the order).

It is quite annoying, I agree, but as previously mentioned, it's getting fixed in the patch.

One extra thing, quite often tanks/artillery won't attack units in trenches with HE shells. Use an area target command instead and they'll usually fire (and kill much more consistently than with MGs).

Have fun

Finn