Some questions

I am seriosly thinking about buying the game (after playing demo), but I did not decided yet. Answers to these questions would help me to make the decision.

1) How the campaign works (in comparision to CC series)?

- How strong are there RPG aspects?

- Are there medals?

- Are there complex historical operations or the campaign is a line of nonconsistent battles?

2) What about morale effects, is it solved well (I have mixed feelings after playing demo)?

3) Is appearence of equipement historicaly correct? (i.e. no t34/85 in Prochorovka 1943)

4) Are uniforms, vehicle camo etc. historicaly correct?

5) Is divisional insignia implemented ingame?

6) What about political corectness?

- SS insignia

- swasticas

7) And finaly: how multiplayer plays?

I am new on this phorum, so if these questions have been already discused, I appologize (and link me the answers, please)

Originally posted by 666:

1) How the campaign works (in comparision to CC series)?

- How strong are there RPG aspects?

- Are there medals?

- Are there complex historical operations or the campaign is a line of nonconsistent battles?

Medals and experience is all there, from what I remember (been a long time since I played CC) it seems to be better in ToW.

Campaign is a series of inconsistent battles (at least in the allied campaign, others are probably a little better - in any case no 'operations').

2) What about morale effects, is it solved well (I have mixed feelings after playing demo)?

This seems fine. You need to remember to always issue hold position orders or over eager troops will head off on their own - annoying but not game breaking. Units get pinned, panick, etc pretty much as you'd expect.

3) Is appearence of equipement historicaly correct? (i.e. no t34/85 in Prochorovka 1943)

Broadly correct, but not 100% in all cases.

4) Are uniforms, vehicle camo etc. historicaly correct?

Seems to be in the scenarios I've played to date. I read somewhere that some of the polish camos are too early but I think the correct ones are in the object browser, not sure which ones appear in game.

5) Is divisional insignia implemented ingame?

Don't think so, and textures aren't moddable.

6) What about political corectness?

- SS insignia

- swasticas

You won't find any game with swastikas built in these days as it's illegal to sell them in many countries. Could be that the interface graphics are moddable, hadn't looked at those. Didn't notice any ss-camo in game when playing as allies. Maybe someone can answer if SS units in?

If you liked the demo then the game itself is a lot better. I think the missions/campaigns are a weak point, but they're plentiful and enjoyable enough to fill time until some better ones come from either battlefront or mission designers.

Have fun

Finn

about the campaign, its not like in CC unfortunately.

its more a series of fights throughout the war. not a series of successive fights in the same battle as in CC.

and there seems to be no dynamics in the TOW campaigns, you fight until you win, if you lose then you just start again until you win so you can go on.

its a ok game, but you seem to come from CC. so you will find that TOW works differently, and for now it is in quite a few points inferior to CC, and that is kinda hard to take.

until the game eventually improves im still playing CC online...