Battle for Prokorovka

JG53_Jaguar

I just played this battle in my german campaign and I have to say I had a blast. I'm getting a feeling that TOW is really tank platoon simulation. At least on that level from my perspective the game works well.

I don't like how the campaign progresses, I'm either playing with Pz IIs and very early IVs and then I jump straight to Tigers and stuff. What happened to 1942 year ? Where are some Pz IIIGs, H, J or L models ? Since Stalingrad was such an important battle on the Eastern Front how come its not in my campaign. I'm not impressed at all with the campaign from german perspective. Yes TOW is gem in a rough...I can see how some things work well and I think there is a good base...but the engine needs some work.

I also noticed today that I don't need infantry at all with tanks, its easy to spot the enemy infantry and eliminate them. I didn't bother using the infantry in Prokorovka and I didn't have the need either.

Oh and yeah the graphics engine is impressive; seeing my platoon Tigers rolling on the steppe was incredible!

[ April 28, 2007, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: JG53_Jaguar ]