Some ideas!

Flanker15

I just wanted to put a couple of things that could be patched into the game mayby?

Graphics:

An option to make buring vehicles stay burning for the whole game?

An option to make it so dead crew member models don't dissapear from their vehicle after a while and stay for the whole game until removed by another unit?

These too would add more immersion and presistance to the battlefield. Being able to look over the buring vehicles and dead crew makes it look more like a battle was just fought here.

Units:

88Flak (you knew I was going to say that)

Some new weapons for the airstrikes (eg. rockets and bombs) so they are able to defeat more than just guns and unprotected crew. Also the manual said that they will target SPG and armored cars over infantry, even though none of the plane weapons can beat an armorded car (unless they get lots of hits)!

Interface:

This could be tricky, but can a sort of CC style unit selection interface be implemented. With all your squads and vehicles shown in it with their current status/KIAs/action and be able to select them by clicking. I still want to be able to select individual soldiers directly but this would take some of the "clickfest" out of the game. You could put it where the battle statistic page is now on a different tab.

Heres a pick of it if you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-3113

I'm refering to the thing at the bottom not the squad interface on the side (another posible idea?).

[ April 21, 2007, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Flanker15 ]

well, The CC unitselectioninterfaceresults are achievable by using the control and number keys. It´s a little more effort but also gives you a lot more freedom.

More burning things are always welcome. Why not have burnng buildings as well. What I´d like to see the most though, is the battlefield after the battle, preferably with killinfo.

Or even better, soldiers that go prone and stay prone.

Yes you can group your units to the hot keys but that won't tell you what their doing or how hurt they are at a glance. Also you have to set it up and remember what unit you bound to which key. This way you can just look at the display and go "I have some infantry squads moving, a tank that has been disabled and another squad being wiped out, I think i'll select it and move it" all at a glance and with out moving the camera!

I would like to see that the crews that are supposed to man towed at guns, man it automatically when exiting the truck. Usually there are more troops in the truck with them, and you have to check all the troops to find who is the gunner etc... Kinda time consuming.

Mike