Frames Per Second?

Bananaphone

I think this may be to do with the video capture programme used. If you run it whilst running the game it severely impairs the frame rate. Games like CoD and BF2 have inbuilt record function which are great because you save the game without it impacting on the playability, then in 'playback' mode use FRAPS (or something similar) to capture the good bits and use a video editor (the M$ one in windows is ok) to splice, edit and add music etc.

So in short, if the game does not have an embedded video capture in it, any external programme used will affect the FPS. BTW, standard 'free' FRAPS limits to 30FPS and its terrible.

no offence, but I'm simply not buying this excuse. I have seen random kids put countless YouTube videos up of other games and none of them show this kind of frame reduction.

This is honestly my biggest concern about this game and has kept me from ordering it up until now. Almost every video I have seen shows really jumpy gameplay and very outdated sounds/graphics.

As well, I have a pretty good rig here, and this games engine seems to not be taking advantage of any of it. I may me misinformed, but it really seems like my $500 video card may as well be a onboard one because the game hasn't made mention of any features that take advantage of the current graphics engines.

If I am wrong someone please correct me. Where is the dynamic lighting, where are the smoke effects, and the other countless perks. And before someone goes off on me about how this isn't meant to be graphics crazy, it's supposed to be realistic...I feel that is an excuse people give when they know that the game looks like a flight simulator from 1992...falcon 4.0 anyone?

I know I sound a little bitchy. The mods were really awesome to answer my questions in my first post here, but as I have come back more and more and as the date gets closer to release....maybe I am looking at this all wrong...before I continue, is this company even capable of these things?

I don't mean that as an insult, I am simply asking if the company who made this game have the resources to do what I am wondering about, or am I expecting more than is able?