Wondering about mines

hunterandhunted

I believe they are in the game but map defences are created by the map maker so no in game placement. Do a search im sure this has nbeen covered before..

Edit: Here ya go as posted by Moon

"Hand grenades in various forms (anti-tank grenades, anti-personell grenades) are in. Mines are in as well but you cannot lay them during an ongoing battle (minefields are part of the map). Mortars are in by the way, but only as off-map support."

Originally posted by hunterandhunted:

So according to that Moon quote above if I understand it correctly. You can place them before the game starts just not during? Is that right?

Not quite right, I think.

The map designer places the mines with the map editor on a map of ToW. Then this map can be loaded/picked by ToW and you can play on it - or you can use it in the mission editor that will come with ToW.

Moon had stated ~1 week ago that the guys from 1C are working on a map editor to publish after the release, but there is no final word on that. With that map editor you could place the mines where you would like to have them on the map. At least this is the way I understand it.

Maybe this here will be possible later on in MP:

You (as the defender) could place your minefields with the map editor on an existing and known map and the attacker has no idea where the minefields are - if you both agree on something like this.

But careful - my word here is just speculation based on the bits and pieces we got from Moon and Madmatt.

Uwe