This true?

crazyman56

Theatre of War can be purchased for $45 in the US. However, those who pre-order Theatre of War get a $10 savings on the price and a free downloadable Gold demo. Pre-orders open later this week.

So if we pre-order we get a demo or can anyone download it.

From ign.

Anyone will be able to download the demo once it's out.

The price will be $45 or $55, depending on which delivery option you choose. It's $45 if you want a download OR mail delivery, and it's $55 if you want both.

Pre-orders only have one option - Download AND Mail. Since that is normally $55, the $10 pre-order discount brings it back to $45 (in other words, the mail version is free so to speak). Plus Shipping.

Another benefit of pre-ordering is that you will be able to download the game a **little** earlier than people who wait for the release date.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

... Another benefit of pre-ordering is that you will be able to download the game a **little** earlier than people who wait for the release date...

You know that with the 19. being a Thursday everybody who preordered it wants the game for the weekend before ;)

Uwe

This is just my humble opinion, but you should try asigning time slots to coustomers basedon when they preorder. For example, allow the first 100 or so download five days early, the second 100 gets to download four days early, and so on. By giving each group its own 24-hour time slot, the servers won't get too overloaded.

Originally posted by Moon:

Pre-orders only have one option - Download AND Mail. Since that is normally $55, the $10 pre-order discount brings it back to $45 (in other words, the mail version is free so to speak). Plus Shipping. ...

Martin

If I pre-order TOW, will it also be possible to purchase the mail version and get download version for free!?

;)

Originally posted by Avwriter:

This is just my humble opinion, but you should try asigning time slots to coustomers basedon when they preorder. For example, allow the first 100 or so download five days early, the second 100 gets to download four days early, and so on. By giving each group its own 24-hour time slot, the servers won't get too overloaded.

That's all well and good, but what happens if you can't log on to d/l during your time slot? Out of town, or working, whatever. Maybe your connection is down. I, for one, work 24 hour shifts every 3rd day.

Maybe if you let the first group in 5 days early, and they're free to d/l anytime after that... and so on.