Capaign creation ?

stone75

Hey,

Ive heard that there will be a way to edit scenarios but not an editor per se. I was wondering if campaigns will be able to be created by the user like the ops in CM. If not in release is it a possiblity at least for future releases. I find games with editors like these to last way longer than them without on my HD.

Also is experience scaled in the campaigns ? What i mean by this is...When playing the french campaign in 5 battles for example over a few months in realtime. Will they gain the same experince per battle as a unit who fights 10 battles as Germans but covers the entire war. My numbers of course are mere examples.

Personally if campaign editing is allowed, i prefer to create campaigns that cover maybe a months fighting rather than the whole war but if no scalability in XP it would not be good having units go from Raw to Elite in a month.

In any case it may be that creating said campigns is the developers privilage in which case most of what i wrote is not worth a bean, in which case sorry to all. Really looking forward to a couple of translated Russian reviews, to see if its all been worth the wait smile.gif

Steve

Steve,

As of now, campaigns are not editable. maybe later? Depends on how hard the coding and sales I imagine, but not yet.

As for experience, you can assign experience per person or have the computer do it. So scaling doesn't really apply, as today your gunner may have gained a little experinece, and next battle you give it to the tank commander.

Reviews in Russian may give an indication, but remember BFC is requesting changes that 1C is putting in for the World release, and a lot of things will be changed from the original.

Rune

Thanks for the response rune, just had a nice chinese and pop, have a response too smile.gif Shame about the campaigns, can only hope sales are huge and user made campaigns will be a feature of a future release. It really does add to the longevity of a title.

Thanks again, Steve.