From what I've seen

sonar

Wouldn't it have been better to concentrate on smaller maps with more emphasis on small unit tactics?In the screenshots I've seen,it looks like hardly anybody bothered to turn up for the missions.Big rolling country maps with numerous varied tanks,dive bombers the lot.All in support,of about twenty guys attacking a few enemy,invariably standing in a trench in an open field supported by a few AT guns set up in the grass.I hope I'm wrong but so far I'm unconvinced.

Whos to say because the map is big there are not plenty of close combat scraps ? At least this way manouvre is possible. Maybe you can try Company of Heroes, thats very close quaters. Personaly, apart from a few lacking features that will be remedied in future add-ons, i think ToW is looking like the first realistic real time strategy simulation of WW2.

Steve..

For me the maps could be alot larger... and alot more units...

Ive heard all the arguments for and againts this, but at least give us the option...

Way back when this games development was in its infancy I pushed for this... Then realised the limitations they are putting in, im dissapointed but will still most likely purchase the game...