Unit gallery: small corrections

Sig

Hello,

I took a look at the beautiful models in the tank gallery and found 2 small typos with the names of 2 french tanks:

"Bataille Char B1 Bis" -> should be either "Char de bataille B1 bis" or "Char B1 bis"

"Hotchkis H35" -> should be "Hotchkiss H35"

If you want to see many pictures of all the french tanks: Chars français (note: site is in french and is visually a bit ... dated, but contains interesting information).

Regards,

Sig

Originally posted by gunnersman:

Yea, all WW2 pics are dated by default. There is not much you can do about that. ;)

Thanks for the pics though.

I dont speak French. I guess these pics are named by the city or town they were taken near? I recognized alot of the names.

Very comprehensive. I will have to bookmark that.

As far as I can tell, they often give the name of the place where the tank was destroyed or abandoned. But there are soooooo many pictures, and since I discovered that site recently while I was looking for an info on the Char B1 bis... It's a very interesting place, but the formating and the colors used tend to hurt my eyes smile.gif

Regards,

Sig

• 2 weeks later...
"Bataille Char B1 Bis" -> should be either "Char de bataille B1 bis" or "Char B1 bis"

"Hotchkis H35" -> should be "Hotchkiss H35"

Well that depends. If you want to go with the full, official designations you'd get something like:

char léger mle 1935 R

char léger mle 1935 H

char de bataille B1 bis

automitrailleuse de combat mle 1935 S

automitrailleuse de reconnaissance mle 1935

etc, etc. A bit verbose IMHO. Personally, I'd use the short designations

R35

H35

B1 bis

S35

AMR 35

But if the B1 bis is called a "char" then every infantry tank should.

I guess these pics are named by the city or town they were taken near? I recognized alot of the names.
No, it's the individual tank's name. B1 bises were christened like warships.