A few more questions

joesnuffy03

Hi guys just found out about this game today while surfing the web at work..

Number 1 - Will there be a troop buying system via CM.. or are the maps going to come with set infantry and tank types or can we buy what we want and place it on the map..

Number 2. I saw the statement about the 40 maps and everything.. does this mean the map generator will not be a part of this game? or was it just not mentioned.. That was what kept me hooked on CMBB for ages.. replay value goes through the roof with Random maps.

Number 3.Will a terrain tools be released with the game to make our own maps etc? Mod community will love you for that smile.gif

Thank in advance guys smile.gif Back to work!

(1) In some of the screenshots you will see the troop purchase window. Yes, it is similar to CM in that you are alloted a set amount of points and can purchase units from a set list. That list is specific to each scenario so while in one battle you might have access to much different units than in another.

Also, each catagory of unit (Infantry, Tanks, SPG's, Artillery, Fortifications, Armored Cars, Vehicles) is given a maximum unit count. That might mean that you can only have a certain amount of tanks in your initial force compesistion. So you might have a selection of 10 different tanks to choose from, you can only purchase 4 of them.

Also, remember, that vehicles and crews are fully modeled and ID'd with their unit designation so you might have one particular tank and crew that you will want to purchase over and over when available throughout the campaign.

2. A map generator is not part of the initial release. The ingame maps are based on real world maps and are VERY detailed. The addition of a map generator is something that we will pursue however.

3. Not sure about a map creator (even IL-2 never released that tool to the public) but we do hope to release a mission editor at some point. I have found already that with a little work, the included scenarios can be altered a great deal

but I agree it would be nice to have a tool to do a lot of the manual work for me.

Madmatt