Can't play in 1024x768

Just got Combat Mission, and have applied the v1.01 patch, but I'm still getting a problem experienced with the Gold demo (all the way up to v1.02).

Running under OS8.6 on a Beige G3 (with ATI Rage Pro graphics card) with 150MB allocated to CM, can launch the game at 1024x768 but it quits on me without an error message when you actually go to play anything. The 'loading 3d graphics' screen comes up, and everything seems fine until - BANG! - I'm back in the Finder.

Works okay if I drop down to a lower resolution and then launch CM, but I'd rather stick to 1024x768 if poss.

Cheers

Disabling the intro movie didn't do the trick - the game LAUNCHES in 1024x768, you get as far as actually hitting the 'play' button, it starts to load the game itself and then quits on ya.

Tried dumping the prefs file, no effect on this problem.

Forgot to mention that I seem to be having a fonts issue, too - some bits of text are replaced by a string of what looks to me like random characters, with "frutiger" mentioned somewhere in teh middle. Any ideas?

I'm also stuck in low resolution, and I fear we're stuck using 640x480 unless someone finds a fancy solution (someone mentioned it's limited by the ATI Rage Pro chipset). I started with the latest ATI drivers, but didn't get any transparency effects. Installing ATI Univeral Installer 3.3 gave me older drivers that enabled transparency, though textures are blended and fuzzy. I then also had a font problem ('l' and 'i' letters were goofed up) that was fixed by adding ATI Resource Manager 1.2.4, which wasn't in the 3.3 installer but was part of my original driver set. But, don't know if that's the same font issue as you're experiencing.