Request For Resources: Vehicle Skins

I figure its a pretty good chance that the DT boys have all the vehicle skins created using Photoshop or compatible, with the camo layer seperate from the detail layer, etc.

Is there any chance we could get the layered UV maps packaged up and downloadable? Mainly for a couple reasons:

</font>

• I have an idea for a map that occurs sub-aquatically (at least notionally; not literally underwater in the model-sense, but with appropriate colouration, short fog distance, etc). Obviously, none of the camo schemes currently available fit that, but if I could layer on new colours on the extant schemes underneath the details ...</font>
  • It'd go a long way toward producing a set of cut-n-paste details that new modellers can use to drop onto their new vehicles. Vision blocks or grab-holds from the Paladin, etc.</font>

Plus, darn it, you guys doing the skinning deserve some oohs and aahs, too!

read the tank destroyer thead.

there's a link in there that marco put up allowing to download some the texture assets.

read the whole thread and you'll understand their process for adding the camo layer AFTER the texturing is done.

I am still waiting for marco to post the camo layer assets.

Furthermore my 3D software supplier (FormZ) has committed to writing a script for me that will enable some powerful unfolding/editing of UV maps within formZ which will make it way easier for me to do texture mapping.

In fact i'm waiting on that script from formZ and the camo layer assets from marco before i can complete the mjolnir, nemesis and heavy IFV.

at some point i'll get around to adding all of this into the wiki ;)

I saw the texture assets, but they're on this metallic grey bg rather than on a transparent one, far as I can tell. More work than it needs to be if we can get the properly layered toto after the fact.

I can actually do pretty good UV unfolding in Wings3d, my evil of choice, but I have zero-point art skills beyond basic modelling, so texturing isn't high on my todo, I fear. I'd just like to tinker the overall textures. smile.gif

check the tank destroyer thread again for marco's comments.

the grey textures with painted details are the "base layer".

the camo layer is applied over the top of that (they are super-saturated to counteract the loss of color from making them partially transparent so the underlying details show through).

as soon as we get those camo textures from marco's compadre we will be good to go.