Ai and Nukes

I've been working on a total conversion WW III mod for some time now. I work on it when I get the chance, but recently put it on hold because of the expansion pack. Weapons and Warfare will give me a lot more options, so I'm postponing for now, but I have two questions:

1. Why does the ai get slow, how can you prevent it from going slow? Does it have to do with the amount of units on the board, or poor scripting?

2. I'm looking to add tactical nukes to my game to give it that modern feel, but I haven't been able to come with any solutions. I know W&W will have two types of bombers, which I could make one nuclear...but does anyone have any ideas out there? I've tried converting Rockets, but I just don't get the desired effect. Sometimes the rockets aka nukes will wipe out the city and leave the unit, and sometimes they will miss completely all together...I want to add them but not if the game would be stupid...any ideas? :confused:

anyway thanks...

AI does tend to go slower with larger campaigns. I see that with my A3R mod which has more units on the map than the default SC2 game.

For nukes, SC2-WaW has a new Strength event script similar to the Supply event. This is now used with the Russian Winter to reduce German unit strengths in addition to their supply. Similarly, you could have variable scripting for devastating attacks on resources and any garrison units on them.

As for bombers, rockets or artillery, you will be able to customize not only their CTVs but all aspects of research advances. Tech advances could be used to significantly increase attack values and/or range. That's probably the effect you're looking for.