Structures and other battlefield 'crap'

yurch

The static non-terrain objects including the walls, nondestructible buildings in raid, rocks, the trash that litters the lower right of the icemap - yeah, those things. It seems the standard projectile collision is okay on them (if there is any at all?), but the trace checks used by the rangefinder and possibly the ion cannon are blocked by a much larger invisible collision (usally over the object) than apparent. This means that you can be up against one, thinking you're firing over, but the rangefinder is apparently stopping at the object itself. Ion cannons appear to do the same for small objects and the big building on raid, I've seen a few players try to fire down from N hill through the spires to no avail. It appears the LOS check that displays target owner when the crosshair goes over the object uses the same trace - these objects block it.

I'm becoming fairly certain these objects also do not block shrapnel, or some sort of artillery radius check. It's okay when it's just a rock, but the exceptionally large buildings can be very misleading.

I know it's a bit late to be changing collision checks, but can something at least be done about the rangefinder/LOS and possibly ignoring small objects? It's very unintuitive to players who aren't aware of such background dynamics.