ahhhhhhhh ASUS sux

Hy,

Will if I don't get this fixed soon i will be doing a " belt and braces" to and reverting from XP back to win 98.

I have a ASUS V 6800 3.79 which worked great with w'98 but is not "listed" as XP compatable. I then downloaded the upgrade 14.x and that totally stuffed up Combat Mission.

I am now looking at a few NVIDIA upgrades, the one I need will hopefully get e mailed to me as it just STOPS downloading after 2 minutes.

If anyone has XP and runs CM tell me how and WHAT driver you are using.

PS: I have no idea if my motherboard driver matches my video card, although I have an AOpen 34 ( 1999).

Thanks

eric

< never think your computer will work perfectly for long>.

Do yourself a favour, revert to Win Me or Win 98SE until this all gets sorted out. Watch the other threads and you will then know the right time to install Win XP.

I have always upgraded my OS every time a new one comes out first 3.1 then 95 / 98 / 98SE / ME , but i am learning my lessons after many days wasted doing installs/uninstalls playing my favourite game called "Format C" and then updating all drivers i can find.

Now my CM runs just fine on Win ME, so until i see these threads dissapearing i will not upgrade my OS thank you very much.

CDIC