New style of Quick battle

Ardem

I would to like to see a quick battle where the defender or attacker before the game starts decides where the Objective Flag/s are located, this would also impact of defender and attacker setup zones.

This would make an interesting arrangement of battles, and more realistic as normally the the best defensable positions are normally the postions which objectives are staked on.

i would say it is up to who is placing the objectives.

Say a defender places th eobjectives then the attacker would get a 25% increase in points.

Say the attacker is placing the objectives then the defender gets a 25% increase.

Unrealsitic objectives are as we have them at the moment, which are random. A commander does not say, take that wheat field out in the open.

He says take that hilltop which have Observation points to the next town, it just so happens hilltops tend to be well protected.

It would not make battles impossible to win, but it would give some element of objectives that are realistic.

Maybe the whole system of 'capture the flag' should be reconsidered. A normal mission is for example 'Take control of the village', what includes the village and the area around. The current system is more like 'Take control of some key positions, what means in a quickbattle 'take control of of some randomly set spots on the map'.

But the best defendable or attackable position on a map must not always be the important objective.

My idea would be 'victory areas' = the whole village including the area around, and both sides get points depending on the percentage of the area they control.

Another example would be 'Capture that bridge'. A bridge is a relative small objective. But it makes no sense if you manage to take the bridge and a small bridgehead on the other side of the river, you must control the whole area. You can use the bridge not before you can make sure that the enemy has no LOF to it. Yes, I know that's simplified, but I hope you get the idea.

The victory area can be created like a setup zone, but it can be even the whole map.