Subtle unit selection bug

sgtabell

I lurk here....alot. The reason I seldom if ever open my trap is if I look long enough, (since CMBO), I always find my answer, or the good devs fix something.

These should be related.

The first is if I plot a path, looking at the map from a 30-50 degree camera angle, in a town, the arrow tip does not place on the ground surface. Now I realize that I may be "viewing" open ground but looking through only the collision box, (if there are any) on a building. But the line of sight from my camera angle to the point on the ground contains no texture at all. I end up getting horrible paths.

Second, there are times where I cannot select a vehicle. The time in question had a lampost and tree, in a town, interposed between the camera and the vehicle. (The vehicle was not under fire or had any game reason it could not be selected).

Thoughts or threads that explain this?

By the way Battlefront, I work in the game dev business as a producer in the "megacorp", and I feel the pain you folks go through to bring something of this complexity to the public. Please remember half the whiny folks can't even begin to understand the complexity of what is under the hood, while you are also trying have a semblance of a life with your jobs. Chin up always and keep up the good work. As long as you keep patching, I will keep buying.

Sgtabell

LOL ..the fridge (when they think we are not looking) the counter top ..the wife's purse (where candy is often hidden) ..cabinet doors yield lots of treasures ..but it is so special that I find it hard to get angry. The wife tries so hard to get mad at them ..I start to laugh at her and we both start laughing at these kids and ...what can I say ...guess I'm a sucker for little ones.

Regards,

Gunz

My hubbies Ipod is a favourite pilfer too. He has the little "shuffle" model and it's perfect for tiny hands lol

His aftershave goes missing regularly as well but the toddlers dolly does smell a lot better these days....kinda like Calvin Klein aftershave....hey wait a minute!! tongue.gif