Small calibres still seem wonky

Guest Guest

Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox:

I don't buy it. Over 3 deployments, the only time I ever saw anyone "leave the battle," was if they were actually too injured to continue, or some medical personnel ordered them to. I never saw someone take it to the chest, go uninjured, and then decide to walk away. The whole point of the vest is to keep the soldier combat effective as much as possible. If they're not wounded, then they're not wounded, simple as that.

it's quite common to read from an AAR how a person gets hit in the vest and as a result is out of active combat for several minutes even when he is not wounded (either he's pulled off by his mates or he does it himself, to inspect the vest and so forth). i don't mean that they abandon a 12 hour mission, they just don't actively take part in the firefight for several minutes after emptying their mag. it pretty much equals the length of typical CMSF battle.

of course it's not rare to read how a fellow takes several hits during a mission and realizes it only afterwards when inspecting his vest.

What AARs? These must be some leg units or something. How do civilians get a hold of incident reports and things of that nature?

*edit*

I could see a soldier being pulled back for a couple of minutes, but not anything that would take him out of the operation entirely, and it would all be mission pertaining like during a lull or something.

[ May 20, 2008, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Clavicula_Nox ]