PBEM Veteran or Elite

Ady

I was wondering what setting others were using for their PBEM battles. I have been playing against the AI in Veteran mode but now want to start PBEM play.. (my favourite mode). But with the choice of Veteran or elite what is becoming the norm for PBEM play. I like the way LOS works with enemy troops but I must say I like to zoom out a map and see all of my own troops. Hence my reluctance to play in Elite mode.

On a second note what is the most favourable place to find opponents. I have a few CM1 friends but it would be nice to take on some other players also...

Ady

You can see all your troops in Elite mode, not sure why you're concerned about that in particular. You see all your troops, but the troops themselves don't know where each other are unless they spot them. This means friendly fire can happen.

Also in Elite you get less information about the enemy once you've spotted them. The artillery arrival times are longer as well.

There's an opponent finder forum on this site. My email is in my profile if you'd like to start a game.