Infantry and Buildings -- point blank AT4 usage?

So, I've been playing with MOUT and building clearing. Big fun.

The good news is that ordering a team to Area Fire into a building just before clearing seems to work very well; if you stop an Assault Team just outside the door and order area fire into the building, they'll quite effectively use grenades and small arms. Seems to be a reasonably good approximation of entry tactics. This tactic also works going from section to section of a large building.

One oddity I've noted, though:

Teams will use AT4s for area fire into buildings at VERY close range, as in standing just outside the door. I'm skeptical that this is very realistic. Is it really safe and advisable to fire an AT4 into a building from 2-3 meters away? I mean, I can see firing the AT4 into a building from, say, 20-30 meters away (across the street). But if you're close enough to knock on the door, would you really stick the front of the tube into a window and let loose?

Seems to me that it would be about equally effective, and alot safer, to just toss a grenade through the window.

Maybe I'm wrong. . . those with RL knowledge and experience, please do correct me if this is the case. If I'm right, though, I think this infantry behavior needs to be tweaked a bit.

I didn't test Syrian squads, but it wouldn't surprise me if Syrians will also use their RPG-7s similarly.

One a related note, currently when you use the Split(Assault) or Split(AT Team) command, if the squad has 2 AT4s, each team gets one AT4. It seems to me it would be more tactically useful if only one team kept all the AT4s. In the case of the Split(Assault) command, I think it would be best if the the "Heavy" team got both AT4s. And in the case of the Split(AT Team) command, I think the AT team should definitely get both AT4s. This would make it much easier for the player to control positioning and usage of the AT4 in MOUT situations.

Cheers,

YD