Casualty EVAC

Colin

there was a HUGE thread on this some time ago

Let me try to search the link

the bottom line is they don't know yet or have not said anything about the details of this issue, except for a few comments about what WON'T happen in the game.

For instance players cannot try to kill save or Move their WIA men that can no longer move on there own.

there is a BIG thread on this one you should read

The original link was located and bumped

it contains this suggestion in it which is being considered by Steve and Charles as an abstraction that is possibly workable:

quote:

Originally posted by Other Means:

Steve, can I reiterate my suggestion, which is abstracted enough to be do-able (IMHO and ready to be corrected) while enough to add the WIA/POW dynamic people seem to want?

State 1) When a soldier is wounded, they become immobile & broken. They are still targetable etc but cannot be moved or controlled by the player.

They are in this state for X time, say 3 mins. If they are still within command radius after this they become an "evac'ed" icon and are treated as recovered.

Recovered will mean they have Z chance of death vs WIA in the AAR/next battle.

State 2) If after X time they are outside of command radius but within Y distance of enemies, they become captured and are treated as now, i.e. able to move to the enemies rear. Or possibly change them to a captured icon.

State 3) If after X time they are out of command radius but are not within Y of enemies, they are treated as recovered, i.e. turn to an "evac'ed" icon, but now have a much greater chance of death vs recovery in the AAR/next battle.

ISTM that that will simulate as closely as possible the correct behaviour without over complicating it. This does not take into account the possible state where a WIA and solider are trying to occupy the same space, but I was thinking the live soldier would automatically displace the wounded in the terrain feature.

I think some form of abstracted suggestion like this will work FINE in the game....

(I hope)

-tom w

[ November 04, 2005, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]