Brightness Issue in CMBB

Voxman

Hello,

I am at Setup on a Night Battle in CMBB. The screen is so dark I can barely see anything.

I used alt-g and I turned my monitor up to full brightness. CMBO was lighter than this during a night battle.

Is there something I can do ?

Is this the way it is suppose to be ?

If so, I do not think I can play, I can barely see my own pieces let alone anything else smile.gif

Voxman,

That video card is very popular with customers and beta testers alike and so far your the only one that has reported this issue. Not sure what else to say at this point. The gamma for night battles is fine on my Ti500 GF3 with 30.82 drivers.

DO you have any custom gamma settings running that are handled by the Nvidia control panel?

Madmatt

I have the same problem - too dark to see in a night battle, even with Gamma turned all the way up - and, like Voxman, I didn't have this problem in CMBO. Haven't had any other problems with CMBB, and I wasn't going to complain (yet, anyway) until I saw Voxman's post.

Don't think we're the only two who have this problem, either, on the thread Voxman started in the CMBB forum Rex Bellator posted:

Myself and others have the same problem Voxman, a couple of more Alt-G levels would be a godsend.

I get around it by using the 3dfx software which came with my card and runs in the background. I go into it and alter the gamma settings. It gives everything a washed-out look and has to be reset when I get come out of CMBB, but it works.

Check your software which runs alongside your video card and see if it allows you to alter the gamma settings in there. Then go back into CMBB.

Hope that makes sense.

I have a Dell E551 Monitor, IntelĀ®82810E Graphics Controller, Celeron 700 processor, system's a Dell 700cx, and the system tells me I have 191 MB of RAM.....so nothing in common with Voxman's system. Doesn't seem to be any way to change the color settings on the graphics card through the Control Panel.

Hello MadMatt,

I am not technical enough to setup gamma for various programs. My computer just has the basic software on it most home user have.

I have a ViewSonic PT775 as my monitor.

Several people in the CMMB forum mentioned they have the same issue, they did not stated what video card they have.

All I can tell u is the issue exists on my PC and Powerstrip allows me to control it. However, I would prefer that the issue be resolved.

Perhaps, the new Nvidia drivers deal with the issue, but the lastest drivers I am told do not work well with CMBB, so I am hesitant to use them.

Suggestions would be appreciated!

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Voxman,

That video card is very popular with customers and beta testers alike and so far your the only one that has reported this issue. Not sure what else to say at this point. The gamma for night battles is fine on my Ti500 GF3 with 30.82 drivers.

DO you have any custom gamma settings running that are handled by the Nvidia control panel?

Madmatt