New WinMac portability engine. BF aware?

Is the BF team aware of this?

Cheers

------------

LINK

"Windows games coming to Intel Macs

Gamer Scan has an article about "Cider," a portability engine just released by TransGaming. The software promises to relieve developers of the delay usually associated with porting Windows games to the Mac. Where such ports normally require total code conversion, Cider should eliminate that by using a shell that wraps around an existing Windows code base. It operates by first loading the app into memory (on an Intel-based Mac), and from there connecting to an optimized set of Win32 APIs. No further work is necessary. TransGaming says it expects titles using Cider to ship within the next few months."

Heh, it was only moments ago that I stumbled across the Cider info myself -- and, strangely enough ;) , I instantly rushed to the BF forum to see if there was any info or hint that this might boost chances of someday seeing some version of CM for some version of OS X on Macs with any kind of CPU! smile.gif

I dutifully read the occasional BF e-newsletters that come my way, but all has been seeming silent on the CM for OS X front ....

Cheers,

Carl