download probs at TCMHQ

I'm trying to dl Saturnin's gunbucket at Tom's site & getting the "damaged or not a zippygippy". I've had that problem off & on, mostly with his site, but it hasn't worked since this Mod was posted. IE 5 on a Mac. Anybody got the answer? Thanks.

[ March 16, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: mchlstrt ]

mchlstrt,

sorry...just rechecked the zip by downloading it via IE 5 and Netscape 6... no problems occured and the file was OK. Did you use a kind of dl accelerator or did you try to download via AOL ?

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

I'm trying to dl Saturnin's gunbucket at Tom's site & getting the "damaged or not a zippygippy". I've had that problem off & on, mostly with his site, but it hasn't worked since this Mod was posted. IE 5 on a Mac. Anybody got the answer? Thanks.

Found something from speed download in the Contextual Menu folder. Removed & restarted but no go. Couldn't find anything else that seemed related, but that doesn't mean it's not in there. BTW, I've had trouble loading the site off & on also, for a long time. I went to English No Frames because it seemed the Frames was locking up. I just discovered by accident that Frames DOES load after 5 mins or so, though the status bar doesn't move. I'll keep looking for the prob & post it if I find it. I'm on Earthlink DSL in NYC, sys 9.1. TCMHQ is a First Class site. Thanks, Tom.

Tom, FYI...

I can download your Ardennes stuff all day. I can't seem to download any vehicles ever, although I have in the past. I'm on an Airport Network before the DSL, & all the Comps on the Network seem to have the same prob. If you ever find anything that might help please let me know. I really like your site & hate being semi locked out, but I can get the stuff I 'need', (I was able to download on a Dialup a couple of blocks away, so I got the Mod) so don't go losing sleep over it.

• 1 month later...

great stuff, tom. but i wonder if anyone has been getting slow dloads on their cable connection? i have a 512k line and i'm only getting 5-10kbps,occasionally 18 or 20... but mostly below 10kb..

er.. in fact, at derkessel the dloads have been slow...ie, roughly same as at tom's site but with rate fluctuating more.

dammit!! it's my connection, isn't it?

sorry bout that tom :(

cheers

das