AI Artillery planning - improvements coming?

I read a post of Steve's in some thread a couple of months ago where he said that AI artillery planning was being improved. How's this coming along?

At the moment, IMO smile.gif , the AI artillery planning is a bit limited. Basically, it fires off everything within a minute of the scenario starting. This is fine and I'm having some good results with it too but I'd be very happy to hear that it's being changed.

After spending a few months working with the scenario editor and playing around with my creations, I have a pretty good idea what terrain the human player is going to want to use in his planning and it would be nice to 'ambush' him with an artillery strike after the game has started or deny that terrain to him. I've tried adding the Syrian FOS as a reinforcement after 10 mins, or adding artillery as reinforcements but I get squat after the opening barrage. It would be good to be able to delay strikes.

It would also be nice if the AI artillery plans were somehow linked to the AI plan itself but I'd imagine that would require some rewriting of the code.

cheers

Another reason for asking is that I'm currently developing a campaign and AI artillery plays a strong part in it. It would quickly become 'old hat' (oops, wrong thread) if/when the new artillery rules arrive. I'd imagine the same would be true for all the scenarios currently available for downloading.