Abrams not firing its main gun when ordered area fire

I cannot oder my Abrams tanks to fire their main guns at an area target properly.

Area targeting buildings works fine - no problems there, but the tank does only use its coaxial MG when ordered to are fire at ground, even when using the normal (red) targeting command.

Anyone else can confirm this?

• 1 month later...

Yes, I have this problem too. The Abrams will never fire its main gun when ordered to area fire at ground. Very annoying when you have targets at long distances, since they often disappear out of LOS, so that the only way to kill them is by using area fire. It really limits the firepower of the Abrams against infantry.

Will it be fixed in 1.1?

Also worth mentioning here is the Abrams' reluctancy to fire its 12.7. It seems to stop using it when the ammo count has dropped to 900, at least when given an area fire command.

The Abrams stops firing the 12.7 when it hits 900 rounds left because it's used all 100 rounds in the belt currently attached to the weapon. You need to manually order the tc to unbutton, at which point (if he's unsupressed), he'll load another belt 12.7 and it will come on-line again.

While ideally it would be nice if the TacAI were intelligent enough to recognize when it's safe enough to unbutton and reload of its own accord, this is a pretty tall order, and I prefer it the way it is now to having the TacAI pop the tc out of the hatch in the crosshairs of a sniper. . .

Regards,

YD