Freezes while loading

Guest Big Time Software

First things to try:

1) Install DirectX 7.0a (the latest version).

2) (Re)install the very latest drivers for your Banshee card. You should be able to get them from 3dfx.com.

Charles

Maybe a problem with your soundcard (the game initializes the sound just before the 3d-battlefield view comes on the screen).

Try to disable all hardware acceleration for your soundcard in the windows systems settings.

Fred

------------------

"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind of us!" - PFC Hudson on LV-426 mission

I only have a german windows here, but it should be:

right click on your windows dektop, choose "Properties", then "Settings"(?) and click the "Advanced settings"(?) button. There should be a "Performance" tab with a slide bar for the acceleration. Set it all the way to zero (i.e. no acceleration).

Fred

------------------

"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind of us!" - PFC Hudson on LV-426 mission

Does it work if you only disable the sound acceleration, while leaving the graphics acceleration on?

Before you test, delete(!) the combatmission prefs file in your combat mission folder.

Fred

------------------

Don't disable the Video hardware acceleration. Go to c:\Progarm Files\Directx\setup and double-click on DXDiag.exe. This will pull up the DirectX diagnostics. Choose the "sound" tab and move the slider to the left until it says "standard' setting. Close the DXDiags and fire up CMBO. If CMBO still won't load. Try moving the slider another notch to the left. Keep doing this until CMBO works or the slider is all the way to the left.

You check that your sound drivers are the latest. What sound device do you have?

groundpounder

Another thing to try is to make sure that all virus checking software is off. I have the demo and had the same problems as you are having with a totally different system, until I disabled my virus scanning software. I would also check your other programs that run in the background, since they could also cause problems.

If you really did loose a memory DIMM the could also be a problem, but I dobut the game caused it.

Theron