Extremely short patch wishlist

1. Fix the mouse bug. I don´t care about the square in the briefing display, but when the graphics wont update when I plot elevation and terrain in the editor it ruins the fun. Some have solved this by updating the drivers for the mouse, but this doesn´t work with my standard microsoft mouse with new drivers. I think there are others with this problem to.

2. Fix the transparent smoke for Voodoo2 users. I have seen much smoke in many games, released both before and after CM. There are ways to program these effects to make them work on older hardware.

These are fixes that usually are solved before the final release, so maybe it´s time to fix it in v1.04?

Thanks for a otherwise awesome game!

------------------

Exodus

Guest ACTOR

Exodus,

I had the same problem as you describe in #1 and I removed the Theme I had running and that fixed the issue. I also updated my drivers, and I had no more problems. At that time I was running a Voodoo 2 card.

As for number 2, I went and bought a better card and all my games play better...or rather if I were to play any other game besides CM I am sure they would run better. wink.gif

Well, I have no theme, and I am using the standard pointer, and I updated my mouse drivers, still don´t work. It is very tedious to draw a map when I don´t see what I draw.

As for nr 2, I will buy a new card when there´s a graphically nice new game that requires it because of framerate issues(probably 1-st person shooter).

------------------

Exodus

Guest ACTOR

Well, I am not sure what to do now that you have no theme running and are using the standard pointers.

You have the latest drivers for the mouse, how about the 3DFX drivers are they also the latest?

Is your Voodoo2 card just an accelerator or is it also your primary video card? I had an ATI 8MB primary card with a Voodoo 2 accelerator and I had to update the drivers for both.

If you've done all that, I am stumped and can do little more to help, other than offer my sympathy.