Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hot Damn "second impression"

It's actually starting to feel like CM, and I'm getting used to the camera as well. Who could have thought :D Switching between #8 for tactical overview/orders and #2 for close up (locked on a unit) view of the action works pretty good!

So far, mostly testing QBs and some with pretty neat AI activity. TacAI can be pretty convincing at times. Did a few Assault QB and played as Syrian defender. Hot Damn :eek: less then 5min and 80% of my forces was wiped out systematically by carefully advancing strykers and assaulting inf. I thought my RPG deployment and initial orders would stop the AI dead in it's track. Yeah right, pleasant surprise there. (btw got to love the new leapfrog assault mode).

Not only this, but SF runs fine on maximum settings using AA and multisample. I just had to switch from 1920x > 1024x resolution. Still looks pretty damn good. In my last Blue vs Blue meeting engagement I had hundreds of inf running around and burning vehicles everywhere. Pretty impressive battlefield visuals for a tactical wargame. After all this is not ArmA (thankfully) but it sure looks it at times.

Remaining issues are no game killers for me. Mostly sound issues with repetitive voices, suspension physics going crazy at times + small arms firing through solid walls are pretty common.

One thing I would like to see however is optional time limit for QB! It's not like you want to rush things in SF but with the time limit it's hard not to. No way you have time sitting around waiting for a fire mission when you only have a few minutes to complete your goals :mad:

That's all for now. Keep on smiling :D

[ July 29, 2007, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: jogr ]