Weird, unpredictable playback issues

I'm getting weird behavior from my CMBB. I don't think it was a problem with a game file, because behavior A showed up with the last file in the game and also now with previous files when I load them. Now, behavior B shows up with this latest file (I don't know about previous files). I have completely reinstalled game, v103, and Dark Steel BMP mods, and I still get behavior B.

A = the play button took me straight from 0 to 60 seconds, so I could only view the battle in 10-second increments. A routing unit trembled like they were running in place at high speed.

B = a negative countdown appears to the right of the 0.0 second counter and appears to require 6 hours to pass from the time I first loaded it. Each time I load it, the negative countdown is shorter---it's now at 5 hours. (Unfortunately I will be out at that time and can't wait! Maybe it will be OK after that.) Previously, I managed to do something that caused normal shooting and motion to occur, but I paused it and couldn't get it back.

During the countdown to 0.0, nothing happens except that my opponent's visible tank (and mine) twirl clockwise, and an armored car travels slowly off the map. All other units freeze and there is silence.

I just did a 1-player quickbattle and found that a turn plays normally by itself but hitting any other play/FF/RW button sets it back to 0.0 and starts the negative counter, now at 18000 seconds.

In other words, my game is messed up and it manifests itself in different ways, but all have to do with video playback. I have never had the slightest issue before.