Split Squads in v1.05

c3k

Okay, to answer the obvious question, YES, I tried a search.

I'm confused on the utility of the various split squad commands. In order;

Split Teams: this seems basic, a roughly even split of the squad along the lines of the squad organization shown on the unit menu. Fine.

Assault Team (sic The "s" is missing from Team in game): this is SUPPOSED to split the squad into a heavier support element and a lighter assault element. I don't see it. The US ends up with the same firepower split as Split Teams: team a; M4A1, M249, M203, M4A1 w/scope: team b; M4A1x2, M249, M203, M4A1 w/scope.

I DON'T SEE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIREPOWER BETWEEN THESE TWO TEAMS. Anyone?

Antitank Team: this seems obvious, yet all I see is a two man element, and one AT-4 (?). The other squad organic AT-4 (?) stays with the other seven men. I assume adding a Javelin would ensure this weapon splits out. I'll do some more testing.

RECOMBINING.

On foot, recombining the teams seems to work well. Much better than CMx1.

However, if I put both teams from the same squad in a vehicle, THEY WILL NOT RECOMBINE! Anyone?

Thanks.

Ken

No it wont work when the unit is in the vehicle, have to rejoin before entering the vehicle. I'm thinking of the same thing when my AAV is moving along and I just want to drop off one team and the AAV will continue on to the next drop off and dropping off the last team. Will post this question in the Skunkworks, I would like to see this work.