pc gamer review

pickeral

i wasn't surprised at their score. as a long time reader of their magazine they historically have been critical of games released with bugs. they dont't review patched games but release versions. when i first started playing shock force i too thought it was barely playable. the current version(1.03} is a pretty good game. i would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in this type of game. the combat mission series games are the best wargames i have played. i can't wait for the world war two games and the marine module.

Yeah, they needed the money. I think we can all see that 2 months would have led to a better release. 1.03 should have been the release version.

Maybe they had to pay the bills. I'm not going to flip out since I have to pay bills, too. It's better to have a late game than nothing at all. If you can't meet your deadlines as an indie developer, you die.

I'm still not going to recommend CMSF to new players until it's fixed, but I'm not going to flip out like I was swindled out of my life savings.

When I got this game, I couldn't play it. The forum helped me solve all of major issues. I've posted some of my fixes. And you know what? The bitching did not help me at all. One thing that made me laugh was one of the crybabies telling me that the balanced tweak couldn't work, when it helped me more than anything. It's like he didn't want to solve the problem, only bitch more.