Bug: "Strike Infantry" targetting label

c3k

Gents,

Again, this could be my total lack of understanding of how CM:SF is way cool. I think it's a bug.

I'm playing a custom built scenario which tests U.S. artillery. The ONLY U.S. units are a battalion HQ spotting for 12+ artillery units, and a hidden away Bradley. On the Syrian side are about 50 T-72 Turms.

The T-72's are buttoned up, tightly confined, and trapped on the far side of a strip of marsh. Can you say "turkey shoot"?

The purpose is to test U.S. artillery.

On with the bug...

When the U.S. Hq selects an artillery asset, then uses "Point Target" the spotting cursor appears. (That orange circle crosshairs thing with a triangle coming out of it.)

When I move the cursor over the T-72's the associated verbiage under the cursor will be "Target Infantry" unless I tweak the position ever-so-slightly to get it to change to "Target (armor or tank??)".

There's no infantry.

They're buttoned up.

The option to choose the desired artillery target type (armor, infantry, general) is NOT in that initial targeting step.

Why does it do this?

What does it matter what the verbiage says?

Obviously, this will be fixed in v1.05.

Thanks,

Ken

Agreed.

So, it seems like the targeting label shows what it is targeting. If it were more detailed it would show "building" when I moved the cursor over a building, etc.

That is why I am confused: there are NO INFANTRY!! Why then does the cursor show "infantry"???

It seems to be irrelevant to the artillery mission. Yet, the internal CM:SF engine is identifying SOMETHING as being present when it is not. Bug or just a non-sensical glitch?

Thanks,

Ken