Main weapons not used, Blind Strykers and weird Javelins

My tanks will spot ATGMs and will engage them with the coax MGs but never seem to use the main gun on their own. If I target the ATGM they'll use the main gun and usually kill the ATGM in one shot. Why wouldnt they do this on their own? An ATGM is a pretty high value target, especially if you happen to work inside a tank.

Strykers seem to have really poor spotting abilities. Even within 200m they usualy only see question marks most of the time (night time demo mission). I'll put a stryker and some troops on a ridge with great fields of fire and while the troops spot plenty of targets the strykers see nothing. Arnt they equiped with FLIR? It be nice if the troops and the strykers shared target info.

BEfore the release one of the testers (or maybe a dev) mentioned that you can use the Javelin in both top and direct attack. I cant figure out how to set it to direct attack. Even at 100m it'll fly up in a tiny arc... it looks silly.

Also I noticed that sometimes the Javelin will miss completely. I mean it wont even come down near the target, it just goes up and keeps on flying out of the map even tho targets arnt close to the edge. I had two different AT squads waste 4 javelins this way. The troops werent under fire and even so its a fire and forget weapon. Is this a bug?

Originally posted by SmithyG:

It be nice if the troops and the strykers shared target info.

More then nice, if not extremely important. This happened to me in the demo: A Stryker sees a T72, I unmount the inf. equipped with javelins just to find out that they only see a "?".

Originally posted by SmithyG:

Also I noticed that sometimes the Javelin will miss completely. I mean it wont even come down near the target, it just goes up and keeps on flying out of the map even tho targets arnt close to the edge.

Happened to me too. 5 javelins for 1 T-72, 4 misses and one flew of the map.

I noticed a similar problem when I messing around with QBs. I put a bunch of Syrian T-72s against American medium infantry. There was a weird instance where an AI Bradley pounded a T-72 with it's main cannon while the T-72 just ignored it. Naturally the auto-cannon had no effect on the tank but the AI would not use a TOW missile. It just kept futilely shooting 25mm shells at it. In fact, at no time did any of the Bradley's use their ATGMs.